Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This Movement is Alive



The Black community across the US knows it is the first domestic target for the military take down of the people.  It's very similar to the story in eastern Ukraine as the US-NATO moves to kill people along Russia's border.  The self-defense forces in eastern Ukraine (Donbass) and the black community are engaged in the same challenge.  How do we defend our people?  How do we effectively and morally fight back?  How do we survive? Who will support us?

Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller (1892 – 1984) was a German Protestant pastor and social activist and said:
 
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home